It’s full-on citrus season in places where the sun still shines…the perfect excuse to make these Lemon Crinkle cookies. I think these are as highly addictive as chocolate chip cookies; they’re soft, melt in your mouth, and very citrusy. Everything you could possibly want in a lemon cookie!
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 tbsp lemon zest
- 1 egg
- 1 egg yolk
- 2 tbsp fresh lemon juice
- 1 tsp lemon extract
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- Preheat oven to 350F. Grease baking sheet with cooking spray.
- In a bowl, mix together the flour, baking powder and salt.
- Using an electric mixer fitted with the paddle attachment, beat the butter, sugar and lemon zest until light and fluffy.
- Add the egg and egg yolk and mix until incorporated.
- Add the lemon juice and lemon extract.
- With the mixer on low, slowly add in the flour mixture and beat until combined.
- Pour powdered sugar into a shallow bowl and roll dough into balls. Roll each ball into the powdered sugar and place about two inches apart on greased cookie sheet.
- Bake for 10-12 minutes.