I am not a football fan. The only way to get me to sit through a game is to bribe me with food. My husband and sons, on the other hand, enjoy watching these interminable games. They also like food. So, these brownies make us all happy! Some of you might be wondering why there is no baking powder or baking soda in this recipe…it’s because I like my brownies to be dense and fudgy. Adding a leavener would result in more cake-like brownies.
- 3/4 cups butter
- 4 oz unsweetened baking chocolate
- 1 cup sugar
- 3/4 cup brown sugar
- 3 eggs
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/4 cup cocoa powder
- 3/4 cup salted peanuts
- 1/2 cup chocolate chips
- 1 cup mini marshmallows
- Preheat oven to 350F. Grease or line an 8×8 pan with parchment paper.
- Place butter and chocolate in a heat-proof bowl set over a pot of simmering water. Stir frequently until butter and chocolate are melted.
- Remove the bowl from the heat and stir in sugars. Let mixture cool slightly.
- Whisk in eggs, one at a time, making sure they are totally incorporated.
- Add vanilla, flour, cocoa powder and salt. Stir until combined.
- Add 1/2 cup of salted peanuts.
- Pour batter into the prepared pan and bake for 15-20 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted in centre of brownies comes out clean.
- Once brownies are done, remove from oven and immediately sprinkle with the marshmallows, chocolate chips and remaining peanuts.
- Return to the oven for an additional 5 minutes, or until the marshmallows are just melted and slightly toasted. Cool brownies completely before slicing into squares.