We eat a lot of banana bread in our house, so I’m always looking for ways to change up Our Favourite Banana Bread recipe. Coconut pairs very well with banana and it kinda gives your traditional recipe a little tropical twist. The addition of coconut milk makes this loaf bread extra moist and flavourful. Oh, and as an added bonus, your house will smell incredible while this bread is baking!
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 cup coconut oil, melted
- 1/2 cup light coconut milk
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 2 very ripe bananas, mashed
- 3/4 cup brown sugar
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup spelt or whole wheat flour
- 1/2 cup unsweetened shredded coconut
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp ground ginger
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- 2-3 tbsp light coconut milk
- Preheat oven to 325F and grease a 9×5 loaf pan with nonstick spray.
- In a large bowl, whisk together the eggs, coconut oil, coconut milk and vanilla.
- Add the mashed bananas and stir until combined. Set aside.
- In another bowl, mix together the sugar, flours, shredded coconut, baking soda, salt and ginger.
- Add the dry ingredients to the wet ingredients and stir until fully combined.
- Pour batter into prepared pan and bake for 60-70 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted in centre of cake comes out clean.
- Cool bread completely before glazing.
- Make the glaze: in a small bowl whisk together the powdered sugar and coconut milk. If the glaze is too thick, add a bit more coconut milk. If it’s too thin, add a little more sugar. Drizzle glaze over cake.