Brownie cookies have become a bit of an obsession for me lately. They’re the perfect cross between a fudgy brownie and a dense chocolate chip cookie. This brownie cookie has a milk chocolate base and is studded with roasted, salted pistachios. It’s a delicious flavour combination — and the green pistachios contrast beautifully with the chocolate-brown cookies.
- 3 oz unsweetened baking chocolate
- 1/2 cup butter
- 2 cups milk chocolate chips
- 3 eggs
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 3/4 cup salted pistachios, chopped
- Preheat oven to 350F and grease baking sheets with non-stick spray.
- Using a double boiler, melt the unsweetened chocolate, butter and one cup of the chocolate chips. Remove from heat and set aside.
- Using an electric mixer fitted with the whisk attachment, whip the eggs and sugar until very light and fluffy. This may take several minutes.
- Reduce speed to low and very slowly pour in the melted chocolate mixture.
- Add the flour, baking powder and salt. Mix until just combined.
- Stir in the remaining chocolate chips and pistachios.
- Chill dough for at least 15 minutes. This is a relatively soft cookie dough and it will be very difficult to form into balls unless it has been chilled. Do not skip this step!
- Roll chilled dough into balls and place at least two inches apart on prepared baking sheets. Sprinkle a few chopped pistachios on top.
- Bake for 10-12 minutes.
*Yield: 24 cookies