These moist, hearty muffins are perfect on cold winter days. The warm flavours of cinnamon, ginger and molasses pair perfectly with the sweet shredded carrots and raisins. You can also add a tablespoon of flax seeds to these muffins. Walnuts or pecans taste great in these, too!
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp ground ginger
- 2 eggs, at room temperature
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- 1/4 cup molasses
- 3/4 cup brown sugar
- 1/4 cup sour cream or Greek yoghurt
- 1 1/2 cups firmly packed grated carrots
- 1/4 cup raisins
- Preheat oven to 350F and line muffin tin with paper liners or coat with cooking spray.
- In a bowl, mix together the flour, baking powder, soda, salt, cinnamon and ground ginger.
- In a separate bowl, whisk together the eggs, oil, molasses, brown sugar and sour cream.
- Mix the wet ingredients into the dry ingredients and stir until just combined.
- Fold in the carrots and raisins.
- Fill muffin cups with batter and bake for 20-25 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted into the centre of a muffin comes out clean.
*Yield: 12 muffins