Making cheesecake has always intimidated me. That’s because traditional baked versions of this dessert require baking the cake in a water bath. That seems complicated to me and something I’m sure to mess up. But a no-bake cheesecake I can totally get behind — and I’ve yet to mess up this recipe so it’s certifiably foul-proof. I’ve experimented with several no-bake cheesecake recipes and a lot of them turned out a filling that was a little too soft for my taste. I like to use powdered sugar to thicken up the filling so it firms up really nicely once refrigerated. I also like to add some ground pecans and a pinch of cinnamon to the graham cracker crust for extra flavour and texture.
For the crust:
- 1/2 cup ground pecans (you can use a food processor to grind the pecans)
- 2 cups graham cracker crumbs
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- pinch of salt
- 8 tbsp melted butter
For the filling:
- 1 1/2 cups cold whipping cream
- 2 250g blocks of full-fat cream cheese, at room temperature
- 1/3 cup granulated sugar
- 1/4 cup powdered sugar
- 2 tbsp fresh squeezed lemon juice
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- Grease a nine inch tart pan with removable bottom with non-stick cooking spray.
- Make the crust: In a bowl combine the pecans, graham cracker crumbs, brown sugar, cinnamon and salt. Stir together making sure to break up any clumps of brown sugar.
- Add the melted butter and stir until the mixture resembles wet sand.
- Press mixture into the prepared pan, making sure to pack in very tightly. Refrigerate crust while you prepare the filling.
- Using a mixer fitted with the whisk attachment or a handheld mixer, whip cream until stiff peaks form. Set aside.
- Using a mixer fitted with the paddle attachment or a handheld mixer, mix together the cream cheese and granulated sugar. Beat for 2-3 minutes, until mixture is light and fluffy.
- Next, add in the powdered sugar, lemon juice and vanilla. Beat until fully combined.
- Use a wooden spoon or a spatula to gently fold the whipping cream into the cream cheese mixture.
- Spoon the filling into the prepared crust and refrigerate for at least eight hours or overnight.
3 Comments Add yours
Love the no bake cheese cake.. we make it with sweet condense milk 😉
LikeLiked by 1 person
What a good idea to add pecan powder to the cracker crust! I like pecan taste very much.
LikeLiked by 1 person