Lemon and white chocolate is a luscious combination. These cookies have a delicate lemon flavour that pairs really well with the creamy taste and texture of white chocolate chips. I like to use lemon extract in this recipe instead of fresh lemon juice because I don’t want the sourness of the juice to overpower the flavour of these cookies.
- 3/4 cup butter, softened
- 1 1/2 cups light brown sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 tsp lemon extract
- grated zest from one large lemon
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 2 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 cup white chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 375F and grease baking sheets with nonstick spray or line with a silicone baking mat.
- In a bowl, stir together the flour, baking soda and salt. Set aside.
- Using an electric mixer fitted with the paddle attachment or a handheld mixer, cream the butter and brown sugar until light and fluffy. This should take about 2 minutes.
- Add the egg, lemon extract and zest. Mix until fully incorporated.
- Next, slowly add in the baking soda, salt and flour.
- Add in the white chocolate chips and mix until combined.
- Roll dough into balls and place on prepared baking sheets. Bake for 12 minutes. Do not overbake if you want your cookies to stay soft and chewy!
- Cool cookies on a wire rack.
4 Comments Add yours
hi I just followed your blog and I tried making these cookies and they turned out very delicious 🙂
LikeLiked by 1 person