If you like cookies with crispy edges and a chewy centre, these are the cookies for you. The oatmeal in this recipe is ground to a fine powder before being added into the dough, giving these cookies a lot of texture without being too hard and crumbly. You can customize this recipe by using any add-ins of your choice: chocolate chips, shredded coconut, nuts, dried fruit — anything goes!
- 2 1/2 cups oats
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 2 eggs, at room temperature
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 2 cups add-ins of your choice (chocolate chips, nuts, dried fruit etc.)
- Preheat oven to 375F and grease baking sheets with non stick spray or line with silicone baking mats.
- Use a blender or food processor to grind the oatmeal to a fine powder.
- In a bowl, stir together the flour, ground oats, salt, baking powdered and baking soda. Set aside.
- Using an electric mixer fitted with the paddle attachment, cream butter and both sugars until light and fluffy. This should take about two minutes.
- Add eggs and vanilla and mix until combined.
- Reduce mixer speed to low and slowly add the flour mixture. Mix until fully incorporated.
- Next, stir in your add-ins.
- Roll dough into balls and bake for 11-13 minutes.
*Yield: Approximately 36 cookies