I’ve come across many delicious recipes that use boxed cake mixes and pudding as ingredients and this is one of my favourites. This Bundt cake is fluffy and moist and flavoured with a generous amount of Irish Cream liquor. I like to drizzle a simple Irish Cream glaze over this cake — but its just as delicious without the glaze. You can also add some chopped nuts to the cake batter if you like — walnuts or pecans are great!
- 1 box yellow cake mix (432 g — I use Betty Crocker SuperMoist Golden cake mix )
- 1 box instant vanilla pudding mix (153 g)
- 4 eggs, at room temperature
- 1/4 cup water
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- 3/4 cup Irish Cream liquor
For the glaze:
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- 2-3 tbsp Irish Cream liquor
- Preheat oven to 325F and generously grease a Bundt or ring cake pan with nonstick cooking spray.
- Using an electric mixer fitted with the paddle attachment or a handheld mixer, mix together the cake mix, pudding and eggs.
- Next, add in the water, vegetable oil and Irish Cream. Beat until fully combined, light and fluffy. This should take about 3 minutes at medium-high speed.
- Pour batter into prepared pan and bake for about one hour, or until a toothpick inserted in centre of cake comes out clean. Cool cake completely before topping with glaze.
- For the glaze: Whisk together the powdered sugar and Irish Cream until smooth. If the glaze is too thick, add a little extra liquor. If it’s too thin add a bit more sugar. Drizzle glaze over completely cooled cake.
One Comment Add yours
Love to try that.. such a simple recipe..
LikeLiked by 1 person