Here is yet another version of The Best Chocolate Chip Cookie. In this re-invention of one of my most popular recipes, crunchy hazelnuts, smoky dark chocolate and tart cranberries take centre stage. These thick and chewy cookies will stay soft for days — as long as you don’t overbake them!
- 2/3 cup salted butter, softened
- 2 cups brown sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 4 tbsp pure maple syrup
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp salt
- 2 100g good quality dark chocolate bars, roughly chopped into chunks
- 1 cup roasted, blanched hazelnuts, chopped
- 1 cup dried cranberries
- Preheat oven to 350F. Grease cookie sheet with non-stick spray or line with a silicone baking mat.
- Using an electric mixer fitted with the paddle attachment or a handheld mixer, cream the butter and brown sugar until well combined.
- Add the eggs, maple syrup and vanilla and mix until smooth.
- Next, add the flour, baking soda and salt. Mix until just combined.
- Mix in the chocolate chunks, hazelnuts and cranberries.
- Shape spoonfuls of dough into balls and place about 2 inches apart on cookie sheet.
You can press a few chocolate chunks into the top of each cookie — it just makes them look prettier.
- Bake for 12 minutes. Don’t overbake if you want the cookies to stay soft and chewy!
*Yield: Approximately 36 cookies