Monster cookies are basically peanut butter oatmeal cookies with M&Ms and chocolate chips. There are hundreds of recipes for this type of cookie out there. Some are heavier on the peanut butter, some incorporate nuts into the mix; my version has just half a cup of peanut butter and it’s pretty heavy on the M&Ms and chocolate chips. It’s important to use a creamy peanut butter in this recipe. If you use natural peanut butter you’ll end up with an oily cookie that spreads too much.
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1/2 cup peanut butter
- 1 egg
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 cup rolled oats
- 1 cup mini M&Ms
- 2/3 cup chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350F. Grease cookie sheets with non stick spray.
- In a large bowl, whisk together the flour, baking soda and salt. Set aside.
- In the bowl of an electric mixer fitted with the paddle attachment, cream the butter and sugars until light and fluffy.
- Add the peanut butter, egg and vanilla.
- Slowly add the flour until fully incorporated.
- Add the oats and mix until just combined.
- Mix in the M&Ms and chocolate chips.
- Roll spoonfuls of the dough into balls and place at least two inches apart on baking sheets. You can also press some M&Ms and chocolate chips into the tops of the cookies. It just makes them look prettier.
- Bake for 10-12 minutes.
*Yield: About 30 cookies