Cake mix cookies are awesome because they are so easy to make and your cookies will always turn out soft and tender. Some purists believe that if you are using cake mix it’s not really baking — but I totally disagree. I think if a recipe requires you to turn on your oven and pull out your mixing bowls, you’re baking! You can use almost any flavour cake mix you like in this recipe. I find that strawberry cake mix pairs perfectly with semi-sweet chocolate chips — and kids love the pretty pink colour of this cookie. Other variations include chocolate cake mix and white chocolate chips, or vanilla cake mix studded with M&Ms.
- 1 box strawberry cake mix
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1/3 cup vegetable oil
- 2 eggs
- 1 tbsp vanilla extract
- 1 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips + more for decorating
- Preheat oven to 350F and spray baking sheets with nonstick spray.
- In a large bowl, stir together the cake mix and the baking soda.
- In a separate bowl, whisk together the oil, eggs and vanilla.
- Mix the wet ingredients into the dry ingredients. The batter will be quite thick. Stir until completely combined.
- Stir in the chocolate chips.
- Roll the dough into balls and place on prepared baking sheets. Press a few chocolate chips into the tops, if desired.
- Bake for 10-12 minutes.
*Yield: Approximately 18 cookies