Everyone needs a solid peanut butter cookie recipe in their baking arsenal and this is my favourite. These are thick, chewy cookies that are rolled in granulated sugar before baking for a little crunch. I also like to add some roasted chopped peanuts for extra texture.
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 1 cup smooth peanut butter
- 2 cups brown sugar
- 2 eggs, at room temperature
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 2 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup roasted peanuts, chopped
- granulated sugar, for rolling
- Preheat oven to 350F and grease baking sheets with nonstick cooking spray or line with silicone baking mats.
- Using an electric mixer fitted with the paddle attachment or a handheld mixer, cream the butter, peanut butter and sugar together until pale and fluffy. This should take about two minutes.
- Add the eggs, one at a time, until fully incorporated. Mix in the vanilla extract.
- Reduce mixer speed to low and add in the baking powder, baking soda and flour. Mix until combined. Stir in the chopped peanuts.
- Use a medium-sized ice cream scoop to shape dough into balls. Roll cookies in granulated sugar and place on prepared baking sheets.
- Bake cookies for 12 minutes. Do not overbake if you want them to stay soft and chewy! Cool on a wire rack.
- Yield: 24 large cookies