This delicious loaf cake is a chocolatey twist on your traditional banana bread. It is important to use very ripe bananas in this recipe–or any banana bread recipe– because they add so much sweetness and moisture to your loaf cake. If you’re bananas are brown and too ripe to eat, they’re perfect to make banana bread!
Looking for more banana recipes? Check out my Healthy(er) Peanut Butter & Banana Muffins or Our Favourite Banana Bread!
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup cocoa powder, sifted
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 2 very ripe bananas, mashed
- 2 eggs, at room temperature
- 1/2 cup sour cream or plain Greek yoghurt
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup butter, melted
- 1 cup chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350F and grease an 8×5 inch loaf pan with nonstick cooking spray.
- In a bowl. stir together the flour, cocoa powder, baking powder, baking soda and salt.
- In a separate bowl, whisk together the mashed bananas, eggs, sour cream, both sugars and vanilla. Add in the melted butter and stir until fully combined.
- Add the dry ingredients to the wet ingredients. Stir until fully incorporated. Mix in chocolate chips.
- Spoon batter into prepared pan. Bake for 60-65 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted in centre of cake comes out clean.
2 Comments Add yours
Mmmm! This sounds delicious!
LikeLiked by 1 person
Delicious.. love banana chocolate bread..