The first time I made these cookies my kids gobbled them up before I even had the chance to worry about whether or not they would like them. These are refined sugar, flour and egg-free — but delicious in every way. You can customize them with add-ins of your choice; my favourites are sunflower seeds, chopped walnuts, dried cranberries and plenty of chocolate chips. I also like to use crunchy peanut butter in these cookies…but almond butter or any other nut butter is just as tasty.
- 1 cup peanut butter (or any nut butter, smooth or crunchy)
- 1/4 cup honey or maple syrup
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 2 ripe bananas, mashed
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon (optional)
- 2 1/2 cups oats (not instant)
- 1 1/2 cups add-ins of your choice (such as chocolate chips, chopped nuts, dried fruits, seeds, etc.)
- Preheat oven to 325F and grease a baking sheet or line with a silicone baking mat.
- Using an electric mixer fitted with the paddle attachment, or a handheld mixer, beat together the peanut butter, honey, vanilla, bananas, salt and cinnamon.
- Add the oats and add-ins of your choice. Mix until fully combined.
- Use an ice cream scoop to form cookie dough into equal-sized balls. Flatten each cookie slightly with the palm of your hand — these cookies will not spread much during baking.
- Bake for 13-15 minutes, until lightly golden but still soft. Cool cookies on a wire rack.
*Yield: Approximately 15 cookies
One Comment Add yours
These look scrumptious..
LikeLiked by 1 person