This light and lemony Limoncello Loaf cake is the perfect spring dessert! This easy-to-make cake is flavoured with Limoncello liqueur, fresh lemon zest and drizzled with a citrusy glaze. If you don’t have Limoncello, you can replace it with lemon vodka or one teaspoon of lemon extract.
- 1 3/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil (I use olive oil)
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 cup buttermilk
- 3 eggs, at room temperature
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/3 cup Limoncello liqueur
- grated zest from one lemon
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- 3-4 tsp Limoncello
- Preheat oven to 350F and grease a 9×5 inch loaf pan.
- In a large bowl, mix together the flour, baking powder and salt. Set aside.
- In a separate bowl, whisk together the oil, sugar, buttermilk, eggs, vanilla, Limoncello and lemon zest. Mix until combined.
- Add the wet ingredients to the dry mixture and stir until fully incorporated.
- Pour batter into the prepared loaf pan and bake for 45-55 minutes, until a toothpick inserted in center of cake comes out clean. Cool cake on a wire rack before glazing.
- For the Limoncello Glaze: Whisk the powdered sugar and Limoncello together until smooth. If the glaze is too thin, add a little more sugar. If it’s too thick, thin out with a little extra liqueur. Drizzle the glaze over the completely cooled cake.